So, there it is, I’m taking the advice of a photographer I met in London a couple of months ago, who advised that the best and most affordable way to keep learning and improving in my craft, is to enter photo competitions. Brilliant, scary, and absolutely necessary plan!
Adding to this challenge is the shameless solicitation of support from others in this - a particularly difficult exercise for me that often leaves me feeling full of shame. But I’m learning to let go of such nonsense. Why should it be shameful to ask for help or support in something that you pursue in earnest and with love?!! So there you have it - I shamelessly appeal to whomever is reading this to support me!!
Below is a link of the current competition I’m in - you can find me in the “Creative” Section. Online voting ends Feb 20th, 2008 - and I’m so excited to report that I am currently in the lead!!!
It is said by some that the only way to know if you’re good enough, or to know if you truly want to be good enough, is to put yourself to the test. I’ll rephrase that here as...throw yourself to the werewolves of judgment, truly the only living things that will not spare you tears by placating your greatest fears. And thank God!
So, there it is, I’m taking the advice of a photographer I met in London a couple of months ago, who advised that the best and most affordable way to keep learning and improving in my craft, is to enter photo competitions. Brilliant, scary, and absolutely necessary plan!
Adding to this challenge is the shameless solicitation of support from others in this - a particularly difficult exercise for me that often leaves me feeling full of shame. But I’m learning to let go of such nonsense. Why should it be shameful to ask for help or support in something that you pursue in earnest and with love?!! So there you have it - I shamelessly appeal to whomever is reading this to support me!!
Below is a link of the current competition I’m in - you can find me in the “Creative” Section. Online voting ends Feb 20th, 2008 - and I’m so excited to report that I am currently in the lead!!!




No comments:
Post a Comment