Friday, 8 January 2010

Blue Moon Desire # 7



 foto taken in Jamaica

Everyone seems to be on about the moon these days, so I figured I'd roll with the tide and share my favourite moon pic of 2009.
Especially too as I was just told that us December babies got a blue moon (two full moons) for the month. No wonder it was such a lucky month!

Took this one in London one night in the summer. Tried to lasso the thing in one shot, fired the shutter several times for the 7 linked shots here...called it Lassoed in Seven Stages.  


Why 7?  It's my lucky number.  Well, no it's not - at least I've never been able to prove it's lucky, but I have a thing for it though. Wouldn't it have been so neat if I posted this on the 7th too?!  

New Year resolution to consider: work on being on neater.



 “All human actions have one or more of these seven causes: chance, nature, compulsions, habit, reason, passion and desire.” Aristotle


7 comments:

  1. oh my gosh! awesome!!! I had no idea the moon could be so many different colors!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wait I'm not getting the lasso thing, so did you do something afterwards to make the moon different colors? I'm so confused...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the comments JustinFustin!

    Okay - 'Lassoed' as in I 'caught' the moon...seven times... :) ooops - hope that settles the confusion.

    Oh and as for the colors - though there were some natural changes happening, I also made changes in my color temperature settings (in camera) while shooting to create clearer variations. The only work done afterward was I cropped and stitched the seven photos together, adjusting the moon's position to match my state at the time...moving from passion to cool stillness.

    So glad you asked that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice one! Why do you "have" to be neater??? You're good as you are! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks! I was wondering whether "lasso" was also some technical photography term!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Berette

    Wow, I'm blown away. These pictures are ... I don't even find the correct words as they aren't just beautiful and amazing. Wanted to let you know that you are a wonderful artist and I'm having great pleasure to see you grow better so fast!!! Thanks for making me think, see beauty and beyond!

    Love and hugs

    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have to tell you how insanely amazing that 7-shot moon series photo is! Oh my god I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    You really are creating like mad, it is wonderful to see.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails