Friday, 13 August 2010

SUPPORT POST: ArtsLawRoundUp

So usually I'm waxing on about feelings, creativity, shows, or some sort of community project. 

Now it's time for the business of art people, and no better way to get yourself prepared than to arm yourself with knowledge, specifically legal facts and rights pertaining to your work.  I'm talkin' copyright issues, contracts, licensing, advertising, creative commons, rights to credit, patents, etc, etc, et al.  

My dear friend Justin Lynch, attorney-at-law AND pianist AND dancer (yes, you read that right) started a blog that addresses all these issues factually, patiently, humoursly, and thoroughly (and always with additional sources) which will leave you less frightened and better armed for protecting your work.  

Leap off this page, check it, and Subscribe!  Where else are you gonna get legal advice from a lawyer who is also an artist?!



 

3 comments:

  1. Thanks Berette! One of your readers just told me that there actually is no "Follow" button on my blog (whoops)... but that issue is now fixed. If anyone wants to suggest topics for me to write about, please let me know; I'm always looking for ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome Justin - the least I can do is promote your work both legally and artistically. When I get to NYC I'd be happy to lend a hand in how you can incorporate apps to help your readers post questions and suggestions separately rather than just in the body of your posts. Glad they caught the 'follow' issue for you to rectify. Much success to you dear.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Berette, your blog is beautiful, so beautiful to look at as well as to read. I am really trying hard to subscribe but I am not sure how/where. Will keep searching though. Thank you so much for your lovely comment on my brief tribute to Spike and his caring for the city and people of New Orleans...It has been great communicating with you and I hope we continue.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails