Friday, 17 December 2010

Condensed Milk

It's been a LONG break since my last post and I'm not even coming back at you with a production of philosophical rantings with fotos right now. I've been back in Jamaica for just under 2  weeks and the blessings have been so delicious that I just had to jot down a condensed sweet n' creamy report of recent fortunes.  





Upon arrival I received my copy of the recently released Jamaica Fi Real: Beauty, Vibes and Culture - a book written about Jamaican history, culture, and contemporary life on the island by Kevin O'Brien Chang.   I submitted a couple shots to Randle Publishers earlier in the year, just a couple images I had lying around really - some of which were taken with my little (now old) Canon Powershot S1000 point + shoot.  Anyway the book features about 200 fotos and illustrations - and they printed two of mine.  SWEET!
Original - cliK for a larger view



One as the first foto page...
(Taken in Port Antonio, 2007) 

Original - cliK for Larger View







































...and the other as the Introduction page (which also appears on the back cover)  Yay!!
(Taken @ Hellshire Beach, Kingston, 2010)





For more info on this book or where to buy it check these links:

•CVM TV Interview with writer Kevin O'Brien Chang 
•JA LITERATURE BLOG 

JAMAICA GLEANER ARTICLES: 
•Highlighting The Nation's Positives
•ARTS + LEISURE: Understanding 'Jamaica Fi Real'
•CHAT BOUT Blog


Check these sellers:

•Jamaica Fi Real from AMAZON BookSellers  
•Bookophilia, 92 Hope Road, Kingston
•Fontana, in Savanna-la-mar, Mandeville, and Montego Bay


 ...
Right - Dyllese, Left Steve, and me, freaked with glee!
The co-conspirators - heehee ;)
Then...my best friends Dyllese(UK)and Steve (GLOBAL) threw me a surprise bday party (in JA) at which a good handful of dear friends were in attendance.  Everyone kept the damn secret via email and a FB group page!  I was so shocked I couldn't stop breaking sweats all night.  haha.  And I keep going on about this because I still can't believe they pulled it off.  To be so actively loved is to be truly blessed.  Endless gratitude and creamy yum!!  :)



...

Berette Macaulay Neue Rootz - Marisa Willoughby-Holland Uprising

After partying LITERALLY all night, I dragged my hung-over ass to the opening of the National Biennial @ the National Gallery of Jamaica the next morning.  I kind of waded through the whole show in a condensed mix of extreme nervousness, nausea, and hazy euphoria.  The two works from my Neue Rootz series seemed to be well received, and really, what more can a girl ask for?!  My childhood friend and ridiculously talented painter, Marisa Willoughby-Holland, also had a piece in the show - and it was great to experience doing one of these things with a close gal-pal. 











(Btw I will also have photo books of all the black and white portraits from Neue Rootz on sale at the gallery, and through an online store - more on that in another post.)









See YardEdge Interview I did with Marisa a couple years ago.  Her work is MINT!

 
...
  

And now...B A H A M A S!!!
Photo Source Link
Extra Rich, Sweet n' Creamy 
;)






2 comments:

  1. Oh the cutest!!!!! So glad you are enjoying all the delicious happenings! So sorry I could not be there to celebrate with you!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. JessiBoo! Yes life continues to be full and I'm trying to soak up as much of the sweet part as possible - as must we all!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails