Friday, 4 March 2011

The Lady Lunches, and Lunches, and Lunches...

To supplement a wretched week of reality bites, I've been breaking up the madness with some sweet foodie pauses around town this week with some buddies. Just when I get to the edge and think its time to fly outta here - Kingston gets sweeter.



 

First Stop - Cafe El Centro @ 8 Hillcrest Avenue
We had quite the yummy seafood gumbo, sandwiches, tea, and cookies,
all for the sum total of about $12!! Run there!




Next stop, just downstairs - the newly opened Uncorked.  A godsend really, since I'd been complaining endlessly about not finding anywhere to get my cheeses.  Well they have quite the selection of wine and a yummy cheese list that extends BEYOND smoked gouda, goat cheese logs, and gruyere.  
 
 For those of you who tweet - you can follow them here:
http://twitter.com/uncorked_ja
 
So not that anything's wrong with those selections, but I was happier than a pig in shit to sup on my purchases of Cantalet, Mahon, and Comte - along with smoked Marlin, and other pairing goodies. Yum! Such discoveries continue to endanger my commitment to board a return flight to New York...eek!


Met up with my darling Karin (YardEdge) at Suzie's Bakery - a sweet cafe with good coffee, sinful pastries, sandwiches, and Mediterranean fair. 
There are two locations: one in Orchid Patch Plaza at 20 Barbican Road, and the other in shops 1 & 2 Southdale Plaza on South Avenue.
 


Just had a super creative meeting with my BFF Steve Urchin (Brand New Machine Global) - looking a bit funny in this shot, and talented sound engineer/composer, Sawandi, at Bookophilia - a sweet bookshop with yummy cupcakes, cookies, and a great reading selection from local and international authors.
 
 Located at 92 Hope Road, Suite 1
 
 You can also look 'em up on their Facebook group page
and fan page

After such treats I'm REALLY excited about the weekend.  
Loving my Jamaica. 

Sent from my BlackBerry® device from Digicel

4 comments:

  1. Have you tried Just Salads?
    Great list though...need to check out Cafe El Centro

    ReplyDelete
  2. Imported from Facebook:


    Julia Vaz and Coleen Bucknall-Brown like this.
    *
    o
    Coleen Bucknall-Brown - You have discovered some of my favourite places on mu must do list!
    04 March at 22:22 ·
    o
    Karin Wilson Edmonds - very nice week you had yourself! & nic pix!
    05 March at 10:20 ·
    o
    Natasha Francis Cunningham - wow.... what a lovely post....loving the vibe..
    05 March at 12:17 ·
    o
    PJ Hitchins - I will be there at the end of the month..and expect to stop at all of the above!!! Thanks!!!!
    05 March at 18:15 ·
    o
    Berette Macaulay I plan on exploring more! Who's in?!
    05 March at 21:02 ·
    o
    Natasha Francis Cunningham - like Flyn....
    06 March at 18:38 ·

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my! Does Uncorked let you try the cheeses before buying?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why yes they do Justin! It's quite civilized! lol I've gone there a few times - it's becoming an addiction.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails