Monday, 8 February 2010

Wanna Create? Get Yourself a Genius

I've been known to nag and complain a bit about the pressure and frustration  of living as a creative, or artist, or...or... as an irresponsible, aimless, indulgent crazy person - ooops, there went the guilty voices again.  Yes, that tenuous balancing act of living creatively, and somehow surviving while trying to convincingly appear to be sane and somewhat responsible.  Hmmm. 

Well a friend of mine just sent this on and I HAD to share it.  Thanks Nicky - you got it.  Elizabeth Gilbert (author of Eat, Pray, Love) sharing some sound and funny advice on how to keep creating in a safe bubble by getting yourself a genius!  Uh - let there be light.




RELATED JOURNEY POST:  What Is It To Live Creatively? (2009)



5 comments:

  1. Ridiculously gloriously beautiful picture of the week; love the composition and tones and blur and balance and and and.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing that. I WILL keep showing up. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl, I love your blog! Smooches...
    Z
    p.s, check out my website. I'm looking for feedback as I'm still building it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is an amazingly bookmarkable speech. i listened to it like 3 or 4 times in a row. there's so much to take in that speaks to the artists heart . . . . .

    ReplyDelete
  5. Right??!!! It's now my get-up-and-go session before working on anything. Show up, show up!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails